Home Security Tips for Winter from Safenet Systems
Every year there are approximately 28,000 reports of home intrusion or burglaries in Ireland. Now that we are approaching the Autumn and Winter months, the darker evenings mean that burglars may find it easier to go unseen.
An Garda Síochána have released the infographic below that gives some interesting facts about burglaries during the winter months along with some tips on how you can help secure your home and your family.
- In Winter, burglaries increase by 25%.
- Over 40% of burglaries in Winter occur between 5pm and 11pm.
- In 20% of burglaries, entry is through an unsecured door or window.
- Jewellery and cash are the most common articles stolen during burglaries.
Top 5 Tips:
- Secure all doors and windows.
- Light up your Home. Use timer switches when out.
- Store keys safely and away from windows and letterboxes.
- Record details of valuables and don’t keep large cash amounts at home.
- Use your alarm, even when at home.
To ensure peace of mind in the event of a burglary, a burglar alarm is essential.
Our security system experts have a wealth of knowledge and experience. They will be able to get you the best and correct burglar system for you and your home.