Business premises security advice during COVID-19 closures
In these uncertain times many businesses have opted to close, due to concerns for the safety of staff, customers and also to reduce the opportunities of the spread of the virus amongst our local communities. This will also meet the aim of discouraging social gatherings as per government guidance.
Please consider the following if your premises will be left either unattended or valuables or stock will require to remain within the building during this unspecified period of time.
Please remember your property will be more vulnerable during the hours of darkness. Although we will endeavour to respond to any such calls timeously, you should also take ownership of premises security. With this in mind please see guidance below
Check your security
- if you have a perimeter, restrict access to your property including locking gates.
- ensure all security measures including, intruder alarm, CCTV and outside security lighting is working properly.
- check all windows and doors to ensure they are robust to attack and fitted with sturdy locks. Remember to remove keys from locks and keep out of visible reach.
- mark all valuable property with name & postcode using a UV pen, engraving, stamping, tagging or forensic marking
- remove valuable items including stock from view and store them in a secure area, cage cupboard or other store so that they cannot be easily removed.
- remove all cash from the building.
The list is not exhaustive and this will depend on the type of building premises and the type of business you are in.